|Season So Far | Historical | Interactive | Club Info | Supporters | Links | News | Home | Contact|
Molineux is the home of Wolverhampton Wanderers FC. When Sir Jack Hayward took over the club in May 1990, molineux had major redevelopment to turn it into today's modern stadium that was opened by HM the Queen in 1994. It now has four stands named after Billy Wright, Stan Cullis, Jack Harris and John Ireland with room in each corner for more development.
Address: Molineux Stadium, Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4QR.
Ground Capacity: 28,500
Billy Wright Stand: 8,608; John Ireland Stand: 9,348; Stan Cullis Stand: 5,114; Jack Harris Stand: 5,355
Allocation for away fans: 1,500 - 3,200
Disabled allocation: 120 spaces for disabled fans in disabled sections of Stan Cullis Stand and Billy Wright Family Enclosure. One helper per disabled fan, free entry for disabled, £8.50 for helpers
Facilities for the blind: Headphones available, contact Tracey Lilley on
Pitch Measurements: 100 yards x 75 yards
Opened: The first official game played at Molineux was a friendly against Aston Villa on Monday 2nd September 1889, which Wolves won 1-0. Click here for Details
Record Attendance: The record attendance at Molineux is 61,315 in the FA Cup 5th Round versus Liverpool in 1939. But now the capacity is 28,425.
Previous Grounds: Goldthorn Hill 1877-1879, John Harpers Field 1879-1881, Dudley road 1881-1889, Molineux 1889- Now
The first set of flood lights where installed in 1953, and first used against a touring South African side.
A time capsule was buried under the floor in the main reception when the foundations of the Billy Wright Stand were laid in December 1992. It contains a copy of Billy Wright and Steve Bull's contracts and a pair of their boots, an Express & Star, Sporting Star and Match Programme.